Eye of the River by Jill Randall

Monday 1 December 2008

Stephen Connelly - Drawing



Observation is key to my practice, drawing the tool for translation.
One of my interests is to record time and place within the context of forgotten spaces. My objective is to describe what the space is about and at times involves the characters that may reside within.(see above: Illustrations Manchester, Ancoats)

At present I am working within Burnley/ Lancashire with a focus on the Textile Industry/ Environment reflecting on past and present as theme. Hidden Places project not only mirrors my direction but provides an ideal opportunity/ platform to work within a collaborative showcase for the discovery of the unseen conscious side of Burnley.

As a Free-lance Artist/ Illustrator I have been involved over the years in a number of projects, commissions private & commercial, including collaborative A V shows i.e.Navan Fort Museum/ Leeds Bradford Transport Museum/ Lisburn Textile Linen Museum.

No comments: